Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bad Feelings

I do not think that my unit is very good.

There is not enough inquiry.  It is a unit that is similar to what I have observed in the classroom and that does make me feel a little bit better.  I think the problem might lie in the disconnect between the emphasis on inquiry that exists in educational theory that I learn in my pedagogy courses and what actually takes place in the classroom.  So much content is required to be taught that it is hard to get to the higher levels on bloom's taxonomy, especially in a classroom with so many diverse learners, who may be reading well below grade level.  I am at a loss.  Teaching is hard.  Lately I have felt pretty good, that I am actually getting it.  But last night I experienced a major crisis.

I guess I can only march forward, hopeful, forever hopeful.  I don't know if I can teach but I must operate on the premise that someday I will be able to.  That is the only way to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment